Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Remember The Titans: Specificity


  




  Remember the Titans has always been one of my favorite movies, I have seen this movie so many times I have lost count. This movie is based on two schools in Virginia during the 1970's. One black and one white school are suddenly closed and they both become one big school. There are many conflicts in the beginning of the movie, but when the movie plays out, they all start to relay on each other. In this scene, Gary just got into a car accident and is now paralyzed from the waist down. Julius is has suddenly realized how much their relationship has grown from this point.





   I like this scene because it can influence so many people. No one should judge each other based on race, sex, or age. This scene makes me feel both sad and happy. Sad because I know that Gary will not get better at all. Happy because they will always stay friends until the end. Gary and Julius hated each other in the beginning. However, they overcame their problems and became really great friends.

3 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job setting up the movie. I like the scene you chose because it does portray different emotions like you mentioned. I completely agree with what you said about the fact that no one should be judged based on anything. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Megan, you introduce the scene very well for somebody who has never seen this movie (and, let's be honest, there's not that many who haven't, at least I hope not). One of my favorite lines from the entire movie happens in this scene when Gary says, "Alice, are you blind? Can't you see the family resemblance? That's my brother." In this one line, like you mentioned in your post, Gary and Julius portray force the audience to experience several emotions--happiness, sadness, and a slight sense of hope.

      Delete
  2. This was spot on describing the movie! I just watched this and also thought it was sad but showed the true hardships that everyone was going through. I also think you did very well with setting it up so that if you have never seen this you could understand what was going on!

    ReplyDelete